February 2019 Secondary Parent-Teacher Conferences / 2018-19 Parent University
Dear Families and Community Members,
We are excited to work alongside you to ensure that our students have a successful school year. We believe that each of you play a major role in our efforts to increase parental and community engagement. To that end, we wanted to ensure that you mark the date for Parent/Teacher conferences. All elementary schools will host their Parent-Teacher conference on Monday, February 4th and Thursday, February 7 from 4:00 p.m.-7:05 p.m. Secondary schools will host their Parent-Teacher conferences on Tuesday, February 5th and Thursday, February 7th from 4:00 p.m.-7:05 p.m.
Teachers and principals are excited to have you join them for the very important conversation regarding your child’s current academic progress. As you prepare for your conference, please remember the following:
- Attendance at Parent-Teacher conferences is extremely important, if you are unable to attend, please contact your child’s teacher to reschedule.
- It is a great idea to bring your student(s) with you to the conference
- Discuss your child’s academic plan for success with their teacher. What can you and your child do to ensure that he/she has a successful school year?
- Keep the lines of communication open by visiting with your child’s teacher regularly throughout the school year.
- Clarify homework and grading expectations. Use the Parent Portal to keep up with grades and attendance.
In an effort to strengthen our collaboration and provide opportunities to enhance your understanding of your child’s academic program, Muskogee Public Schools will be hosting a series of Parent University Sessions. These sessions will be held citywide with the purpose of sharing information such as:
- Strategies for effective communication between the school and home
- Literacy First Framework at the secondary level
- Standards Based Grading
- Online Educational Resources
- Understanding your child’s Google Classrooms
- Graduation plans
- Transcripts and the Credits needed to graduate
- Project-based learning
- Benchmarks, assessments, and much more
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 918-684-3700 ext. 1619. Thank you for your continued support.
Parents can call the Bus Barn Directly to get a ride to conferences, 918-684-3730 starting at 4:30 p.m.
Muskogee Public Schools
Community Business Outreach/Parent Liaison