Fall 2019 Parent-Teacher Conferences Letter
Dear Families and Community Members,
We are excited to work alongside you to ensure that our students have a successful school year. We believe that each of you plays a major role in our efforts to increase parental and community engagement. To that end, we wanted to ensure that you mark the date for Parent/Teacher conferences. All elementary schools, Pre-K-5th grades, will host their Parent-Teacher conference on Monday, September 23rd and Thursday, September 26th from 4:00 p.m.-7:05 p.m. Secondary schools, 6th-12th grades, will host their Parent-Teacher conferences on Tuesday, September 24th and Thursday, September 26th from 4:00 p.m.-7:05 p.m.
Teachers and principals are excited to have you join them for a very important conversation regarding your child’s current academic progress. As you prepare for your conference, please remember the following:
· Attendance at Parent-Teacher conferences is extremely important if you are unable to attend, please contact your child’s teacher to reschedule.
· It is a great idea to bring your student(s) with you to the conference
· Discuss your child’s academic plan for success with their teacher. What can you and your child do to ensure that he/she has a successful school year?
· Keep the lines of communication open by visiting with your child’s teacher regularly throughout the school year.
· Clarify homework and grading expectations. Use the Parent Portal to keep up with grades and attendance.
In an effort to strengthen our collaboration and provide opportunities to enhance your understanding of your child’s academic program, Muskogee Public Schools will be hosting a series of Parent University Sessions. These sessions will be held citywide with the purpose of sharing information such as:
· Strategies for effective communication between the school and home,
· Literacy First Framework
· enVision Math curriculum
· Wonders - reading program
· Project-based learning
· Benchmarks assessments and much more
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 918-684-3700 ext. 1619. Thank you for your continued support.
Muskogee Public Schools