MHS 2023 Graduation Information
RESCHEDULED: Due to anticipated severe thunderstorms and heavy rainfall, the Muskogee High School graduation has been postponed until Saturday, May 20. Graduation will take place at 7 PM in the Rougher Village Stadium. The event will take place as usual, with each graduate having up to 15 tickets for guests.
While forecasts predict that weather should clear late Friday afternoon into the evening, the severe weather during the day will prohibit staff from setting up for the event.
Moving the event to Saturday ensures for a quality ceremony that honors our graduates and allows guests a comfortable experience to celebrate graduates.
Graduation will take place on Saturday, May 20, 2023 at the new Rougher Village Stadium. The ceremony will begin at 7:00 PM.
Rougher Village is located on the High School campus at 3200 East Shawnee, Muskogee, OK 74403.
Download the Program: Click here to view and download the 2023 Graduation Program.
- A livestream of the ceremony will be available on the district’s YouTube channel
- Graduates are asked to arrive by 5:30 p.m.
- Gates open at 6:00 p.m. for guests.
- Graduates should enter through the main entrance of the Rougher Village Arena
- Guests should enter through the ticket gates of the Rougher Village Stadium. The main gate on the southwest corner of the stadium along with the gate on the northeast corner will be open.
- All guests are required to have a ticket. Ticket allotments will be distributed to all graduates during the final commencement practice. Practices will take place on May 17 and May 18. Graduates must attend practice to receive tickets.
- Guests are encourage to carpool and share rides to maximize parking capacity.
- Due to recent rain, there will be no parking on unpaved or grass areas.
- Graduates will park in the lot in front of the Fine Arts / Auditorium of the high school.
- Parking will be available at the high school, and at the Northpointe Plaza Shopping Center. A designated drop off area and handicap parking is available near the main gate next to the Rougher Village Arena.
- All vehicles will enter the high school parking lots by passing the guard shack and continuing through the main entrance. All other entrances will remain closed. Shuttles will run from the high school flag pole to the main ticket gate.
- Parking at the shopping center is free and open to the public. A shuttle will be available to transport guests to the main ticket gate.
- When leaving the stadium guests can take a shuttle or walk back to their parking lots.
- All seating is accessible by ramps. Seating is first come first served.
- Handicap and limited mobility seating is available on the first rows of each side the stadium
- Seating for the elderly and those with severe health issues is available inside the Rougher Village Arena. The graduation ceremony will be streamed inside. Tickets will be required for entry into the arena.
Dress Code & Decorum
- Every senior will only wear the school-selected cap, gown, cords and stole. No modifications or decorations are allowed.
- Girls are to wear dresses or dress slacks, while boys are to wear slacks and dress shirts.
- If any senior needs support in meeting the dress code, please contact a house principal.
- Graduates who do not wear appropriate attire may be removed from the lines and will not be allowed to participate in commencement activities.
- All school rules are expected to be followed. Expectations are detailed in the commencement handbook.
- Graduates may pick up the picture proofs along with diplomas at the high school a couple of weeks after the event. More information will be shared directly with graduates.
- In the event that rain takes place during the ceremony, the ceremony will continue. If rainfall becomes too heavy to conduct the ceremony or in the event that there is a lightning strike within six miles of the stadium, graduates will be moved inside the Rougher Village Arena. Guests should seek shelter in their vehicles until the ceremony resumes. The ceremony will resume approximately 20 minutes following the final lightning strike.
- Once resumed, should weather conditions cause a second interruption, the ceremony will end and the remainder of the ceremony will be completed on Saturday, May 20 at 7:00 p.m.
- In the event that weather conditions prohibit the ceremony from taking place on Friday, May 19, the ceremony will be rescheduled for Saturday, May 20 with the start time of 7 p.m. In the event that weather prohibits the ceremony from taking place on both Friday and Saturday, the ceremony will be rescheduled for Sunday, May 21 with a start time to be determined.
- All updates to the schedule due to weather will be communicated through the district’s call and text message system and Facebook page.
If you have any questions related to graduation, please contact the Muskogee High School front office at 918-684-3750.