Do you love students and are looking for a flexible schedule?
Become part of the Muskogee Public School district team by becoming a substitute teacher!
MPS offers a wide variety of teacher and classroom support opportunities in our district.
You create your own work schedule, work as little or as often as you choose, pick assignments that best fit you, and so much more!
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS TO BE A SUBSTITUTE?
- You must have a high school diploma or GED to be eligible to substitute teach
- You are not required a have a teaching certification
- If you are 21 years or younger, you are eligible to accept elementary school substitute assignments only and can not work in our secondary schools.
HOW DO I START?
Just complete an online application by creating an account here MPS Online Substitute Application. Once you have created your account, be sure to complete all of your information and select “Substitute Application”.
Apply to the “classroom substitute” job post of your choice.
All substitute teachers must attend a 2 ½ hour Substitute Workshop before entering the classroom to substitute.
Click here to find out the date, time and location of our next Substitute Workshop.
View substitute pay rates for MPS.
Have questions or would like additional information?
Please contact Tami Gardenhire - Human Resources Assistant at 918-684-3700 extension 1621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or issues you may contact HR at 918-684-3700 extension 1621.
2018 – 2019 Substitute Workshops
Substitute Workshops Time and Location
9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Muskogee Public Schools B.E.S.T. Center
202 West Broadway
Muskogee, OK 66067
Only the first 30 applications will be accepted per class.
What you need to bring to a Substitute Workshop
- two acceptable Identification Cards (please view acceptable IDs per each list that are needed).
- you will also need to bring $45 CASH to get your fingerprint and background screening checks process. (Sorry, the vendor does not accept checks/money orders are not accepted)
LEARN MORE about Fingerprints (FAQ's answered here)
Copy of Oklahoma teaching certificate (if applicable)
Voided check or documentation from your bank for direct deposit