ECC E-Learning Letter to Parents
Hello ECC Parents and Families,
Let me begin by saying that we truly miss each of you and hope that you are staying safe! As we live out a unique time in history, we want to thank each of you for the support that you have given us. We recognize the challenge put before you, however, we are Muskogee Strong and will get through this experience together.
As we begin our journey with E-learning, I want to assure you that ECC teachers and staff are more committed than ever to your child and to your family. We have been working together to prepare fun and engaging plans that will help you as you spend the last few weeks of school reviewing and solidifying the concepts that we have taught this year. It is our goal to support you and ensure that each of our students is prepared for Kindergarten.
- Each Friday teachers will deliver lesson plans to your family using DOJO, Remind, email, Facebook, etc. These plans are for the upcoming week. The lesson plans are also posted on the ECC webpage that can be located by going to www.muskogeeps.org and selecting schools. The activities include a weekly "big idea" and a literacy and math review focus for the week. In addition to the reviews, there are live links to books and activities in the lesson plan document. We recommend that you spend 45 minutes total daily on these activities. This time can be broken into smaller segments as needed for your child and for your schedule.
- In addition to the lesson plan document, we have also created an ECC E-Learning Parent Resource Guide. Review this document early to determine if we have included anything that is of interest to you and your child. This document includes tips for E-learning, live links to read alouds, music and movement links, recipes for sensory play, and information on the MPS grab and go breakfast and lunch program.
- Our wonderful staff has also planned learning opportunities to engage face-to-face via various technology platforms. These plans include storytimes, whole group instruction, and a review of academic content for Prekindergarten. Of course, the best part is to see your child's face. Your child's teacher will give you all of the information you need to connect.
- We will be using Reading Eggs, Starfall More, and ABCmouse. Your child's teacher will provide login information for each of these programs. The children have been using these at school and are familiar with them. Teacher office hours are Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. As soon as possible, please contact your child's teacher to update your contact information. Communication is key. Please make sure we know how to reach you. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions. We are here to support you in any way possible.
- As we work together in these unprecedented times, please remember that play is a child's work. Plenty of outdoor gross motor play and indoor fine motor play are highly encouraged. Please remember to practice social distancing and follow all state and local guidelines to protect your child and your family's health and safety.
We hope you enjoy the time you will invest in your child while engaging with the Muskogee Early Childhood Center in E-learning. Please feel free to contact me at
email@example.com if I can be of assistance. Thank you again for partnering with us.
Dr. Malinda Lindsey
Muskogee Early Childhood Center Principal